- 175g pasta (I used penne)
- 50g unroasted, unsalted cashews
- 10g dried porcini mushrooms
- 1 veg stock cube
- 1 tbsp of a neutral oil
- 120g chestnut mushrooms, halved if large, thinly sliced
- 2 large garlic cloves, finely grated
- 200g baby spinach
- Cook the penne following pack instructions and put the kettle on to boil.
- Meanwhile, put the cashews and dried mushrooms in a medium heatproof bowl along with the bouillon powder, and pour over 200ml boiling water from the kettle. Leave to soak for 5 mins. 3. After this time, blitz the mixture with a hand blender until smooth and creamy.
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over a medium heat and fry the fresh mushrooms and garlic for a couple of minutes until just starting to soften
- Add the spinach and continue to cook, stirring frequently until the spinach has wilted.
- Drain the pasta, reserving a little of the cooking water.
- Tip the pasta into the pan with the mushroom mixture, season with plenty of black pepper and toss everything together well.
- Remove from the heat and stir through the creamy mushroom sauce, adding a drop of the reserved cooking water if needed to loosen. Serve straightaway.
this is creamy and good. Yeah.